According to the UN:
Reduce inequality within and among countries. At the same time, as income gaps among countries have narrowed, inequality within countries has increased. As an example, in developing countries income gaps widened with an average of 11 % between 1990 and 2010. Reducing inequality implies that the voice of everyone is heard when economic development is being planned and that also people in vulnerable positions are paid attention to.
Targets in short
- achieve income growth of the bottom 40 % of the population at a rate higher than the national average
- promote the social, economic and political inclusion of all
- ensure equal opportunity and reduce inequalities of outcome
- adopt wage and social protection policies
- improve the regulation and monitoring of global financial markets
- ensure enhanced representation and voice for developing countries in global international economic and financial institutions
- facilitate orderly, safe and responsible migration and mobility of people
In Design Forum Finland’s activities:
Our aim is equality. Inclusion and diversity are brought out in our various operations. Issues of equality are considered when we select speakers for our events, jury members for our design prizes and writers for our blogs. We strive for accessibility in our events and promote such design and company cases that pay attention to people’s diversity. We also make use of co-creation in the internal development projects of our organization.