According to the UN:
Ensure sustainable consumption and production. Earth population is estimated to grow to 9.6 billion by 2050. If this happens, we will need three Earths in order to sustain our present way of life. Here, the target is that economic activities would produce as much wellbeing as possible while reducing the use of natural resources and polluting.
Targets in short:
- implement the framework of programmes on sustainable consumption and production in all countries
- achieve the sustainable management and efficient use of natural resources
- halve global food waste and reduce food losses
- achieve the environmentally sound management of chemicals and all wastes and significantly reduce their release to the environment
- substantially reduce waste generation
- encourage companies, especially large and transnational companies, to adopt sustainable practices
- promote public procurement practices that are sustainable
- ensure that people everywhere have the relevant information and awareness for sustainable development and lifestyles in harmony with nature
In Design Forum Finland’s activities:
We promote the importance of good design and quality materials, as well as transparent and ethical production, in designing durable and long-lasting products. Circular design is prominent in our projects. In our acquisitions we expect responsibility from our partners and also commit ourselves to the principles of responsibility and sustainability.