According to the UN:
Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation. Sustainable development and living standards in all communities can be supported by developing innovations and investments in transport, irrigation systems, energy production and communication which are new and available to all.
Targets in short
- develop quality and sustainable infrastructure
- promote sustainable industrialization, raise industry’s share of employment and gross domestic product, double its share in least developed countries
- increase the access and integration of small-scale enterprises into markets
- upgrade infrastructure to make it sustainable, with increased resource-use efficiency and greater adoption of environmentally sound technologies and industrial processes
- enhance scientific research, upgrade the technological capabilities of industrial sectors
In Design Forum Finland’s activities:
The core objective of our strategy is to enhance the competitiveness of Finnish companies and make business more sustainable and responsible.
We support and promote local actors whose operations are transparent and sustainable. Sustainability has been taken into consideration in the evaluation criteria and the selection of jury members of our design prizes. Sustainable business and growth are prominent and important topics in our events, coaching and training. They strengthen a company’s preparedness for the future and increase the feeling of value and purpose of the customer.
Design Forum Finland has co-operated in the development of such design tools that promote circular design. EcoDesign Sprint is an intensive workshop for companies, combining circular economy and design methods. In creating Design Forum Finland’s project portfolio we focus on projects that promote sustainable development goals.